Postdoctoral Data Scientist: Probabilistic Knowledge Bases and Graph Mining
The Data Science Research (DSR) Lab at the University of Florida (https://dsr.cise.ufl.edu) invites applications for a post doctoral position with a strong background in probabilistic models, knowledge bases and graph mining. The successful candidate will work on developing novel strategies to understand and reason about events, situations, and trends in large-scale probabilistic knowledge bases. The data sources where events come from is highly heterogeneous and include multiple representations (structured and unstructured), semantics (variety of schemas, ontologies, or complete absence of both), languages and modalities (text, image, video, sensors,etc). Moreover, interpretations also uses humans-in-the-loop for further adjustments. The position involve close scientific collaboration with Dr. Daisy Zhe Wang and interaction with two PhD students in the DSR lab on this project.
The DSR@UF lab works primarily in the different aspects of the probabilistic knowledge base lifecycle such as knowledge extraction, knowledge representation, rule mining, knowledge integration, etc. and publishes its research in top tier conferences and journals in databases and machine learning. The DSR lab currently has 6 PhD students and a number of masters and undergraduate researchers working on various data science research projects. The University of Florida is located in north-central Florida in the city of Gainesville near large urban areas such as Orlando and Jacksonville. UF is the largest university in the state and a top 10 public research university in the US.
- Recent Ph.D in computer science, information systems, or related fields
- Experience in probabilistic graphical models, knowledge bases and graph mining
- Record of high-quality published research
- Strong programming skills
- probabilistic models, knowledge bases and graph mining
- Statistical relational models
- Large data processing tools (SQL, Spark, etc)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and disseminating software and novel datasets for reproducible research.
- Engage in research seminars and dissemination of research products
- Writing scientific articles and research proposals.
Required Application Documents
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
- Two recommendation letters including PhD advisor.
Salary: 50,000 / year
Start Date: 01/01/2018
Duration: 2 years
Please email all documents as a single pdf file with a subject title postdoc@dsr. Recommenders should email their letters directly to the same email address.
Point of Contact:
Dr. Daisy Zhe Wang